Finding and Retaining the Right School Healthcare Professionals
As the winter snows slowly melt away and students and faculty are thinking about their spring break recess, most people might believe that school districts are on auto-pilot this time of year. And those thinking that couldn’t be farther from the truth. In fact, this is a prime time for school districts and school staffing partners to be heavily involved in planning for the 2018 – 2019 school year. Let’s take a look at how Supplemental Health Care (SHC) supports their district clients at this very critical time of the year for recruiting and retaining school nurses and therapy professionals.
A Total Approach to Recruitment
- Centralized Dedicated Recruiting. School districts don’t just need their positions filled, they need positions filled with the right candidates. SHC understands that aspect of the process and has a dedicated recruiting manager supported by recruiting teams for school district clients. By understanding the needs of the schools and the culture within the district, our recruitment professionals can better source a candidate who fits.
- Proprietary Database marketing. SHC’s size and national reach have allowed us to cultivate a database of over 4 million candidates with fast-action communication mechanisms in place allowing us to stay in touch with them throughout the year.
- Website Recruiting Hub and Job Board Network. SHC utilizes website and job board style tools to reach more candidates faster.
- Social Media and Targeted Searches. Our growing brand and social media presence allow us to conduct targeted recruitment through social media sites, like LinkedIn, Twitter, and others. SHC also conducts aggressive SEO and PPC programs on Google, Facebook, Indeed, and others to uncover the right candidates.
- Presence at National conferences and career fairs. SHC always has a presence at National (ASHA, AOTA, APTA, NASP, CASE, etc.) and local professional conferences.
Emphasizing Retention after the Recruitment
With over 32 years of experience and a deep understanding of the unique challenges of special education, school therapy or related services, and student services, our partnerships provide real solutions to challenges faced by schools and districts like yours every day. We know that recruiting the right professionals for our school district partners is only one half of the equation. Our clients need to know that when we are providing them with nursing and therapy professionals for their student population, they will have staffing consistency for an entire school year or for as long as the need exists. SHC recruitment professionals take the time to find situations where the needs of our healthcare professionals align with the needs of our district client, ensuring a more compatible and successful fit.
- Providing Industry-leading Benefits. In addition to finding the right cultural fit for our candidates, we are also continually seeking ways to ensure that they see SHC as their best career option. Benefits like Helping Hands, Supplemental University, and flexible payroll options Year Round Pay for school professionals are all tied to successful retention.
- We provide clinicians with our BUILD mentorship program and ‘career track’ options to illustrate the path for new grads to become leads, to mentors, to onsite clinical coordinators, to regional clinical specialists. Understanding the variety of paths they can explore, allows them to stretch their skills and develop at their own pace.
- Unmatched professional support. Our school professionals are supported in everything they are doing for school partners through constant communication regarding schedules, problem-solving, caseload management, service delivery, and more.
As families head to warmer climates this spring, Supplemental Health Care staffing teams will continue to work on matching skilled school professionals with our client’s workforce needs for the next school year. Once confirmations are solidified, they can turn their attention to professional development options for the summer months.
For more information about how a partnership with Supplemental Health Care can help your school district overcome your unique related services and special education staffing challenges, contact us today!