Travel Assignment in Tampa? Beaches Yes, but Much More
It is pretty obvious that when you book your travel assignment in Tampa Florida that you have fun in the sun on your mind. I mean, who wouldn’t with the warm blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico just a short drive away? But once you arrive in your Sunshine State destination, don’t be surprised if you find that there is more to do in Tampa than spending your downtime checking out the beaches in Clearwater, St. Pete’s, and others on the Gulf Coast (Although, that is fun too!). Let’s take a look at a few of the top things to do in Tampa that doesn't include a beach towel.
- Animal Lovers Delight. Tampa is the perfect destination for anyone who enjoys seeing animals of all shapes and stripes. From the Big Cat Rescue, Florida Aquarium, Manatee Viewing Center, to the Lowry Park Zoo, whether the kids are joining you this assignment or not, Tampa has some of the finest animal refuges anywhere.
- Ybor City. Are you a fan of cool history, great food, eclectic shops, hand-rolled cigars, and vibrant nightlife? All of this and more can be found in Ybor City, a historic neighborhood in northeast Tampa. Formerly, an industrial town built and run by immigrants but now home to shops, cafes, bars, and restaurants, this famous location is a must-see destination for anyone visiting Tampa.
- History. Tampa is home to several historical locations, two of which stand out for their significance. The Smithsonian-affiliated Tampa Bay History Center features 60,000 square feet of interactive, education exhibits and sits on the downtown waterfront. The Henry B. Plant Museum is a National Historic Landmark that tells the story of “turn-of-the-century America” and rail transportation.
- Bring the Kids. Tampa is the place for boundless fun for the kids on their summer break. World-famous Busch Gardens features animal shows, roller coasters, train rides and breathtaking plant life. If water parks are their thing, be sure to take the kids to Adventure Island and 30 acres of water slide fun and excitement.
- Theatre Scene. While never to be confused with Broadway, the theater scene in Tampa is growing, and it's vibrant. A regular stop for touring companies and quality productions, Tampa features shows, music, and festivals in genres for every taste. Led by the historic Tampa Theatre, built in 1926 and one of our nation’s most elaborate movie palaces, this site is worth a visit even if the theater isn’t your thing!
- Foodies. As with any major tourist destination, Tampa is no stranger to a burgeoning foodie scene. While on assignment, you will have no problem finding a fine dining establishment no matter what your tastes. From steak houses to fresh seafood to vegetarian cuisine, Tampa eateries won’t disappoint. Another local highlight is the number and quality of small craft breweries opening up throughout the area.
Have you been packing your bags while browsing this article? If not, it’s time to get your bags packed for a 13-week working vacation in Tampa Florida. Currently, Supplemental Health Care has numerous opportunities in the Sunshine State, especially the Tampa area. Contact your recruiter today and express your interest in Tampa, or if you prefer, check out the opportunities first by using our powerful job search tool here. Tell us what you love about your Florida assignments in the comment section below or join us on our Facebook page.